- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place cauliflower, broccoli florets and water into a microwave safe and ovenproof dish. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 5 minutes. Carefully drain off the water and set aside.
- Put flour into a tall microwave safe jug. Add 2 tablespoons of milk and whisk to a smooth paste with no lumps. Season with pepper. Add the remainder of the milk and stir.
- Microwave the milk mixture on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute. Stir. Heat again for 1 minute and stir. If needed, heat again for 30 seconds intervals and stir until thick and creamy.
- Add grated cheese and stir until melted through.
- Top cauliflower and broccoli with cheese sauce.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or serve immediately.
LiveLighter® © State of Western Australia 2021, reproduced with permission.