- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 150 g low-fat natural or Greek yoghurt
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 red onion, peeled and thickly sliced
- 100 g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 300 g frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed of extra liquid
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Place flour and yoghurt in a medium-sized bowl and mix to combine. Use clean hands to bring together until a dough forms then turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for three minutes.
- Place the dough ball into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature to rest (but not rise) while filling is prepared.
- For filling, spray a large non-stick pan with oil and place on medium heat. Add onion and cook for 10 minutes until soft, stirring often.
- Turn off heat, stir through feta and spinach and season with pepper.
- Divide dough into four portions. Flatten and roll each with a floured rolling pin into a thin 20cm square.
- Place a quarter of spinach filling (squeezing off any extra liquid) evenly onto a rectangular half of the pastry, fold other half over to enclose and press edges together to seal.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Wipe out the frypan with a paper towel, spray with oil and heat on high. Cook each gozleme for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to serving plates and serve with lemon wedges.
LiveLighter® © State of Western Australia 2021, reproduced with permission.