- 200 g dried rice vermicelli or bean thread noodles
- 1 continental or 2 large Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions (including green tops), thinly sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves , roughly chopped
- 250 g cooked crab meat
- coriander leaves , extra, to serve
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced, to serve (optional)
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 3 tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining ginger, garlic, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sesame oil in a cup; mix and set aside.
- Drain noodles, refresh under cold water then drain well and place in a large bowl; pour over dressing and toss to combine.
- Using a teaspoon, discard seeds from cucumber then slice thinly on the diagonal and add to noodles along with capsicum, spring onions, beans sprouts and coriander. Mix to combine salad ingredients.
- Serve onto plates and top each dish with crab meat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and red chilli, if desired.
LiveLighter® © State of Western Australia 2021, reproduced with permission.