- 1 1/2 cups pasta shapes (spiral or bows), to make 2 cups cooked
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 200 g lean beef strip, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 100 g mushroom, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- to taste pepper
- 1 cup frozen green bean
- 2 tbs reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Place beef and flour in a plastic bag together, and toss to coat. Discard excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and cook beef till golden brown.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for about 1 minute, then add the vegetables (except the beans) and cook, stirring occasionally for 5-10 minutes.
- Add water, stock powder, Worcestershire sauce and a good grind of black pepper, stir, and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened up. Add the beans and heat through.
- Stir through the yoghurt and serve on pasta with a little more pepper.
LiveLighter® © State of Western Australia 2021, reproduced with permission.