What was your new year’s resolution? To lose weight? Get fit? Despite our best intentions, it can be hard to stay on track. We have some tips to help you:
1. Be realistic – Understand what you are capable of and what is realistic for you and your lifestyle. If you want to exercise more, try locking down an achievable amount of sessions a week. Don’t force yourself to go to the gym every day or to run a marathon – you’ll only burn out.
2. Talk about your goals – Share your plans with family and friends so that they can encourage and support you along the way (maybe even join in!)
3. Set a time frame and break your goal into smaller ones – Planning sets your resolution into motion. A time frame helps you aim for something and monitor your progress. Breaking your big goal into smaller tasks makes it more manageable.
4. Don’t beat yourself up – Gone off track with a few barbecues and parties or missed training sessions? Get back on the horse and keep going. The road to success is full of ups and downs.
5. Treat yourself – Doing well? Making great progress? Pat yourself on the back and treat yourself. Not with a few chocolate bars but in other positive ways such as a massage or movie.
6. Ask for support – There are many health professionals and programs that can help you get healthier. The Life! program is one of them. We’re a free healthy lifestyle program that can help you achieve your 2019 goals. Call 13 74 75 or message us to speak to our friendly team.